Pages

.

2009 Jewelry Making Demonstrations

People love to watch jewelry-making demonstrations. They're fascinated with your tools and how you use them - and how your raw materials evolve into a finished piece of jewelry. "Demonstrating your craft can be very rewarding. Not only will you be sharing your love of jewelry making, you will also be promoting your business and gaining valuable exposure," says Mary Harvey in her recent jewelry business newsletter article, Demonstrating Your Craft (scroll down the newsletter issue slightly to see the article) I've discovered that having a "work in progress" the people can watch me work on boosts my sales tremendously at shows.

(Of course, if I'm demonstrating, it's best if I have someone helping me out at my booth.) If you can't do a live demonstration at a jewelry show or party, consider creating a slideshow you can display in an electronic picture frame, so people can still see the process from the tools-and-supplies stage step by step until the finished piece is created. You can learn more ways to demonstrate your jewelry making and educate customers on your work in my archived newsletter article, "Sell More Jewelry by Educating Customers about Your Art" - go to Issue #34 of my newsletter, and scroll down to the bottom half of the issue for the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment